The information found below is designed to help you get the best out of this BOFA® demo test and to understand formative learning.
The tests contain 9600 questions, covering all the syllabus of the 8+ to 12+ English Reading and the 11+ English exams for both the CEM and GL syllabi.
- Print the extract, you can then make notes and highlight key points - probably not worth printing the demo extract though.
- Work through the initial test on your own - try to get as many wrong as possible!
- You can then get help going through the explanations and similar practice questions.
- Wait as long as possible before doing the retest- ignore this for the demo :).
- Work through the retest, which contains similar questions to your errors on the initial test- again, get as many wrong as possible.
- You can then see the errors from the retest in the report.
Watch the video to see how the platform works.
Our adaptive test system is our recommended newer way of delivering tests to children. The adaptive system uses AI to schedule tests for each child. It moves them up and down difficulty levels automatically based on their performance and chooses the optimum wait time between taking each test depending on when your child's exam date is.
The adaptive system reduces the need for parent intervention, saving you time and making it easier to know that your child is working at the correct level for them.
We know some parents prefer the control of choosing tests themselves so we continue to offer our older non-adaptive syetem too.
Adaptive system 10 - 20 minutes per test, approximately 1 minute per question.
The difficulty of an adaptive test is differentiated by the number of stars for that test. Maths and English have 5 star levels, 1 being the easiest level, 5 the most difficult level. VR and NVR have 3 star levels from 2 stars to 4 stars.
Children move up and down adaptive test levels, for each subject, depending on their current performance
Non-adaptive system 10, 20 or 50 minutes per test, approximately 1 minute per question.
6 difficulty levels
The tests are designed to be done, one per week, after you have covered all the material at each level in school.
Try and use as large a screen as possible.
BOFA® will assess understanding and fill in any gaps in your knowledge.
Your parents and teachers will be emailed your progress.
START Start a new test.
CONTINUE Continue a test you've already started. You might not have finished the practice or re-test stage.
RETAKE Retake a test you have previously taken. This will delete the previous test data and start from scratch.
REPORT View the questions you got wrong at the end of the re-test.